Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Breweriana Collecting
 
 
Earlier in this blog, I wrote about my beer can collection, and how it had expanded to include just about anything beer-related.  My collection includes glasses and mugs, bottles and labels, clothing, hats, signs, mirrors, lights, coasters, and bottle and can openers.  I receive these items as gifts, purchase them at yard sales, or trade for them with other collectors.  Many of the items are on display in my basement rec room:
 
 
 
A major portion of the collection consists of glasses and mugs.  These include tasters and sampling glasses, pint glasses, mugs, steins, and pitchers:
 





 

I also have several lights and signs:





 
The collection includes bottles and labels:
 

 
Hats and clothing:
 

 
This poster from Belgium depicts the brewing process from the growing of barley and hops to the actual consumption of beer, along with more than 100 beer drinking proverbs:
 
 
Some of the other items in my collection:
 

There are several serving trays.
 
Coasters from all around the world.
 
Can and bottle openers.
 
 Toy delivery truck.

 Flying Dog Brewery condoms!
 
Matches and lighters.

Tap handles.

Frank & Louie - the Budweiser Lizards.

Left to right: Olympia radio, Pabst Blue Ribbon coin bank, Miller lighter stand, Olympia paper clip holder, Schlitz can opener, Storz matches.

Full containers!
 
I am also a member of the Mississippi Unquenchable Grail Zymurgists homebrew club.  This activity will be the subject of a future installment of this blog.
 
Collecting can be a rewarding source of great enjoyment.  I have been involved in the collecting of beer cans and beer-related items for more than 40 years, and am constantly adding new items to my collection.  There  are several organizations for breweriana and beer advertising collectors, but I currently do not belong to any of them.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment